How You Can Help During the Pandemic
During this pandemic, children are at risk. Those who were vulnerable before are more vulnerable now because of social isolation and the lack of their usual supports.
We know that most parents are doing the best they can for their children, but in times of stress they may become overwhelmed. Right now children are not in classrooms where teachers might notice things that worry them, so we need you, as someone who works with children, youth and families, to be watching out for concerns.
Even during this pandemic, children still need their village.
You can help by:
1. Paying special attention to the families and children you encounter or work with.
2. Referring families to the Family Compass website when they need community resources and support. (https://www.familycompasswr.ca/en/index.aspx).
3. Contacting Family and Children’s Services at 519-576-0540 if you have concerns about a child. We are the safety net for children at risk.
4. Considering becoming a Short Term Care Provider for children whose parents are unable to look after them because they are ill with the COVID-18 virus. Visit www.Fosteringkids.ca to learn more.
5. Sharing this message with your colleagues and people in your network.