Concerns About Our Service?
Do you have a concern about our service to you? We want to hear from you so that we can work together to solve the problem. You can bring a friend or support person to any meeting where we are working to resolve your concerns.
1) The best place to start is to speak with your worker. You and your worker know each other, and you can talk things over in person or on the phone. You can bring a support person with you to any meetings while we work to resolve your concerns. If the problem isn't solved by talking with your worker, you can;
2) Call your worker’s supervisor and talk about it. If the problem still isn’t solved, you can;
3) Ask to speak with the supervisor’s Senior Manager about it. If the problem still isn’t solved, you can;
4) Write a letter to the Executive Director. If you need help in writing the letter, you can call the Executive Director’s Office. The Executive Director will schedule a time to talk or meet with you.
5) At any time, you can begin a more formal complaint process, by completing the Formal Complaint To A Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP).
- The Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) form is available on the ministry’s website as well as the Ontario Central Forms Repository, which can be accessed through the following links:
If you need help completing the form, or if you would like a printed copy of the form, please contact the Executive Director’s office by calling 519-576-0540.
Within 7 days of receiving the form, the Executive Director will write back to you about whether or not your concern is eligible for an Internal Complaint Review Panel. If your concern is not able to be heard by the Internal Complaint Review Panel, the letter will explain why. If your complaint is eligible to be reviewed by the Internal Complaints Review Panel, you will be provided with a date and time for a meeting.
The Executive Director may ask to meet with you to talk about your concerns, to see if they can be solved before meeting with the Internal Complaint Review Panel.
Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB)
If you feel you have not been heard or that you have not been given reasons for decisions, you may submit a complaint directly to the Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB). To begin the complaint process, you must fill out the CFSRB’s form, which you can get here:
You can contact the CFSRB by calling 1-888-777-3616; TTY: 416-327-9247