Concerns About Our Service?

Do you have a concern about our service to you?  We want to hear from you so that we can work together to solve the problem.  You can bring a friend or support person to any meeting where we are working to resolve your concerns. 

1) The best place to start is to speak with your worker. You and your worker know each other, and you can talk things over in person or on the phone.  You can bring a support person with you to any meetings while we work to resolve your concerns.  If the problem isn't solved by talking with your worker, you can;

2) Call your worker’s supervisor and talk about it.  If the problem still isn’t solved, you can;

3) Ask to speak with the supervisor’s Senior Manager about it. If the problem still isn’t solved, you can;

4) Write a letter to the Executive Director or request a review by the Internal Complaint Review Panel.

If you need help writing your letter, contact the Executive Director’s office by calling 519-576-0540.  

Within 7 days of receiving your letter, the Executive Director will write back to you about whether or not your concern is eligible for an Internal Complaint Review Panel.  If your concern is not able to be heard by the Internal Complaint Review Panel, the letter will explain why.

The Executive Director may ask to meet with you to talk about your concerns, to see if they can be solved before meeting with the Internal Complaint Review Panel.

Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB)

If you feel you have not been heard or that you have not been given reasons for decisions, you may stop the complaint process and ask for a review by the Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB) by calling 1-888-728-8823.

Ontario’s Provincial Advocate

Ontario’s Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth can investigate matters concerning a child or group of children receiving services from any Children’s Aid Society.  You can ask for an investigation once you have tried to resolve your complaint through the steps listed here.  You can contact the Advocate’s Office by calling 1-800-263-2841.