Welcome to The Family Centre
Welcoming our New Family Centre Manager
We are pleased to announce that Santiago Grande will be joining the Agency as a Family Centre Manager starting September 24, 2018.
Santiago brings a vast knowledge and expertise in the areas of community development, program management and resilience. Santiago is a master in engaging with community members and developing strong partnerships. You might recognize him as Program Manager for Promise of Partnership, a highly successful initiative by Carizon, where he played a crucial role in addressing the barriers confronted by refugees and immigrants in our region and province.
Santiago has an MSW and currently works at Renison as an MSW field coordinator and BSW lecturer. Santiago’s work and volunteer experience, including as a previous Board Member for our agency, provide him with a strong understanding of the Agency’s work and anti-oppressive practices.
We are confident the Family Centre is going to flourish under Santiago’s vigilant and caring leadership.
Better Together at The Family Centre
Imagine a place where community groups and organizations work cooperatively to help children and families learn, share, and connect with others. The Family Centre is a very special place that does all that and more. It provides a welcoming, safe environment that focuses on the positive and helps build the strengths, wellness, and resiliency of children, youth, and families in our community.
The Family Centre is a bright and colourful facility owned and operated by Family and Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region. The Family Centre works with our community in a number of ways:
- In-House Partners: There are a number of organizations that run their services, supports, and programs out of our centre
- Community Partners: We work with a number of community organizations to bring important programs into The Family Centre
- Community Rentals: We have a variety of spaces - from 4 to 250 capacity - that we rent to community groups and organizations
- Special Projects: The Family Centre is home to a number of innovative projects to support children, youth, and families
Click a menu item to the left to navigate around our website and learn more about how you can connect with The Family Centre!
The Family Centre Operating Hours and Contact Details
In 2001, Family and Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region joined together with families and community partners to talk about building a united, connected community for children and families where children would be safe, healthy and loved.
This was the beginning of The Family Centre where connections, relationships, and partnerships are made. It’s a place where children and families can find the programs and services they need to help them in growth, development, recreation, and educational achievement.
For Family and Children’s Services, working closely with community partners helps to develop prevention programming, enhances early identification of families requiring assistance, and provides a better response to the needs of children and youth at risk of harm.
The Family Centre helps children and families:
- identify and build on strengths they have
- expand the range of services available in making change
- seek greater stability and permanence for children and youth with family or alternative caregivers
- enhance the future life chances and opportunities for growth, development, recreation, and educational achievement
|Our Mission for The Family Centre: |
“Strengthening families through a community of collaboration”
|Our Vision for The Family Centre:|
“Strong families, a healthy community”.