VOLUNTEER DRIVERS NEEDED
Do you have some extra time in your week, a reliable vehicle, and looking to make a difference in your community?
We have been waiting for you!
Family and Children’s Services of Waterloo Region is currently taking applications for VOLUNTEER DRIVERS to assist our youngest community members and their families.
Volunteer Drivers provide transportation as a key component to creating a network of support for families and children. As a Volunteer Driver, you get a chance to help others and make new connections, while having your mileage reimbursed! If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please contact email@example.com
- 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and a reliable vehicle
- Car Insurance with minimum of $1,000,000 coverage liability
- Mobile phone
- Willingness to transport a variety of ages – infants, children, youth and occasionally adults
- Physical ability to lift car seats when needed (we provide all required car/booster seats and training on the installation in your vehicle)
- Mandatory background checks
- Driver’s Abstract provided before your position starts
- 9 months to 1 year commitment
- Weekly commitment of 3-4 hours (this timeframe is dependent on your placement within the Transportation program)
- Current openings for Drivers are:
- School Day Drives 7:30-9:30 am or 2:30 – 4:30 pm (Daily/Weekly)
- Mornings 9:00 – 12:00 pm
- Evenings 4:00 – 8:00 pm
- Weekends (Sat/Sun)
You let us know when you are available during the openings listed above – and we will schedule your rides during those times.
- Orientation and Training on transportation procedures, proper installation of child car seats and other training as required
- Mileage is reimbursed at a set rate of $.60/kms. Volunteer drivers are unpaid and use their own vehicles to drive clients to activities and appointments.
How do Volunteer Drivers help our families?
Volunteer Drivers provide transportation services for a variety of family needs. This could include driving children to/from school, going to a program or access visit with family or simply helping a child get to an appointment or activity.
Family and Children’s Services is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We encourage applications from all members of an Equity deserving group and/or those with lived experience to be part of our Volunteer Program.
To start the process, please complete the Volunteer Driver Application. We will then contact you to schedule your interview, and mandatory background check. After completing the onboarding and volunteer driver training, you’re ready to roll.
Volunteer Services Manager