Host a Fundraiser for FACS Foundation
Thank you for wanting to host a fundraiser to support children, youth, and families in Waterloo Region and to help prevent child abuse and neglect.
We are so grateful to the community in Waterloo Region for their ongoing generosity and kindness.
To host a fundraiser, follow these four simple steps:
- Review our Fundraising Toolkit. It contains all the information you need for a successful event.
- Once you have your idea and BEFORE you host your event, you must read, complete, and submit the Fundraising Proposal form.
- After your event is approved, promote your event! We give you all the content you need so you can meet your fundraising goals and let everyone knows you care. This includes sample text for your promotions as well as our logo. Remember – we need to approve any materials you are sharing whether online or in print.
- Host your event! Rally your friends, family, colleagues, and the community to show their support for helping children, youth, and families.
If you have any questions, please email Jullie Pfeffer, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some examples of fundraisers to consider:
- Host a Virtual Game Night or Trivia
- Host a competition at work with colleagues, see which team can raise the most money.
- Birthday/Special Occasions Fundraising
- Ask family, friends, and colleagues to give to FACS Foundation in lieu of presents.
- Celebrating virtually? Are you a Social Media whiz? Ask your online community to re-share your post. Commit to donating for each re-share!
- Coffee/Gas Challenge
- Ask family, friends, and colleagues to give up a coffee a day for a week and donate the cash they saved.
- Livestream a Class
- Are you good at sewing, cooking, handy around the house? Host a how to for friends and family to learn a new skill or hobby.
- Share your Skills
- Help family, friends or neighbors and ask them to make a donate to FACS in return.
- Activity Challenge
- Are you a runner, cyclist, knitter, walker? Set a personal goal and ask your community to support the challenge, even join your team to raise funds and bring the work of Family & Children’s Services Foundation to a broader community.
- Host a Virtual Office Presentation
- Invite FACS Foundation to speak to your team at work! We have serval options for your business or organization to help support FACS Foundation. From hosting events, gift card drives, taking part in Go Purple at Work (in October), to setting up payroll contributions.
- Sporting Event
- Host a golf tournament, a curling bonspiel, a cricket match, a hockey tournament, darts, or bowling!
- Themed Potlucks or Dinners
- Hold a cook-off or grill off in your neighborhood or with your colleagues
- Host a Sale
- Are you a Maker? Sell some of the items you make with love. Gather some of your maker friends and host a sale together!
- Commit to doing something daring, fun loving and thrilling if your fundraising goal is met
- For example, if you reach your fundraising goal of $500 to send a child to camp you will dye your hair purple!
- Online Fundraising Page – collect donations through your very own online fundraising page through CanadaHelps. It’s easy to set-up and to share. For more information, watch this video to learn more. Ready to get started?