Holiday Support Program*
Help make the many holidays celebrated by families in our region a little bit brighter this year!
Whether it is Hanukkah, Ramadan, Eid, Christmas, New Year festivities, Diwali, or another holiday, your donations to the Holiday Support program provide support for families to purchase gifts, holiday meal supplies, and other meaningful items.
Let all families in Waterloo Region know that their community cares about them.
Here’s how you can make a difference this holiday season:
- Donate directly to the Holiday Support program through our online Gifts of Hope catalogue, which includes a wide variety of items for giving. Your gift will ensure that the magic of the season continues for children, youth, and families.
- We are accepting very limited in-kind items and only those items from our Wishlist. These are the items that families tell us are most needed.
- Host a Gift Card Drive. We are happy to receive donations of gift cards to Walmart, Loblaws/Zehrs, or Amazon (preferably in the amounts of $25, $50, or $100).
- Host a Community Fundraiser You could do it as an individual, or colleagues at work, extended family, or a large group of any kind! Some ideas include:
- We can set up a customized online giving page, with a unique link only shared with your colleagues to make their contributions online
- Host a challenge, a competition at work with colleagues, see which team can raise the most money (e.g. a cookie bake off)
- Offer a service and the proceeds to FACS Foundation (e.g. gift wrapping or snow shoveling)
- An activity challenge (e.g. sponsor me to walk 100 km in November)
- Commit to something daring and fun (e.g.: if I raise $500, I will dye my hair purple!)
- Give a cash donation to ensure that the programs and services families need are available year-round. These can include providing a child with the opportunity to go to summer camp or supporting resilience-building arts and music programming. Our focus remains on the prevention of child neglect and abuse and these programs are key upstream investments in both the wellbeing of children, youth, and families, and our community.
If you are interested in hosting a fundraising event or have questions about the Holiday Support program, please contact Sydney Tricand, Community
* Formerly known as Adopt-a-Family