SAVE THE DATE! Dress Purple Day 2021 is October 27th!
This year, Dress Purple Day will take place on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. We want to make sure children and youth in Waterloo Region know that the community is #HereToHelp. You can show that you care about kids and families by going purple at work.
Wherever you work - a factory or workshop, office or retail - you can show your support in a variety of ways:
- Wear purple on October 27th – whether it’s a mask, a t-shirt, shoes, or a head to toe ensemble, wear purple to show your support for children, youth, and families in Waterloo Region.
- Make a video telling the community “I Dress Purple Because….” and post it to your website, share to your friends and colleagues via email or your newsletter, and post on social media! You can download the Video Toolkit for talking points and video how tos.
- Share on social media! Download the “ready to go” images and content and share on your business social media platforms throughout October but especially on October 27th. Don’t forget the hashtags #DressPurpleDay #IDressPurpleBecause and tag us @FACSFoundation on Instagram and Twitter
- Use the Twibbon on your Twitter profile
- Download the Dress Purple Day Video Call Background
- Got a window? Download a Dress Purple Day sign and share why you are dressing purple!
If you or your colleagues or your friends and family want to do more, Dress Purple Day is also a great day to fundraise to support the programs and services that prevent child abuse and neglect:
- Set up a challenge for your team, your friends, or your family and raise funds through peer to peer fundraising! When you get to goal, you do whatever you’d promised to do! Some ideas include colouring your hair purple, wearing a crazy purple outfit, or maybe you match all donations made. Be creative! To set up your peer to peer page, click here.
- Create a custom donation page for your business and solicit gifts from staff, clients, customers, and friends. Brand it with your logo! An excellent way to show your commitment to helping children, youth, and families.
- Make a donation - on behalf of your customers, staff, or colleagues. A tribute gift is a great way to acknowledge a business anniversary, professional and personal milestones like birthdays, retirements, or other special occasions.
- Check out Goodszilla - a new Canadian online marketplace that lets you sell your stuff and donate a portion of the proceeds to charity!