Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region currently has a full-time (36.5 hours), permanent User Support Specialist (USS) position available within the Technical Services team.
The primary role is to provide first level computer and phone support to users. This includes providing and maintaining user equipment and software, as well as receiving, prioritizing, actively resolving, and documenting help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate.
This position requires an ability to work after-hours on projects and maintenance tasks. This position also participates in an on-call rotation. Currently this position is working a hybrid of work from home and in the office.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds.
The role has a particular focus on the following areas:
- Responsible for deployment and operation of the Agency’s end-user computer and telecommunication equipment, including peripherals
- Responsible for solving problems relating to the operation of the Agency’s end-user computers, peripherals, and communication equipment
- Responsible for software installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on end-users’ computers
- Create and maintain user accounts for all systems to which users have access. Ensure rights are properly configured to give appropriate access
- Receive, document and resolve end-user issues through the Tech Service Desk within agreed upon timeframes
- Provide ongoing staff training and user support
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of all user equipment
- Participate in selecting and deploying new software and hardware tools
- University degree or College diploma in Information Technology Support or Computer Science required or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of PC technology including laptops and workstations, multi-function printers, and peripherals
- Minimum of 2 years of experience installing, maintaining laptops and workstations in a user support capacity is required
- A thorough understanding of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office/Office 365 required, familiarity with Apple technologies is desired
- Above average communication and administrative skills
- $56,247.04 to $68,103.09 per annum (Office and Clerical 6)
- Agency paid health and dental benefits, including LTD, AD&D, and Life coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Generous vacation and sick time policies
- Banked overtime
- Paid on-call
Articles 15 and 16 apply to internal applicants
Interested internal applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00 pm on October 19, 2021 quoting posting #039-2021.
Interested external applicants are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com, no later than 4:00 pm on October 19, 2021 quoting posting #039-2021.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation at Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 519-576-1329. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the interview committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.