We are currently looking for a Technology Services Director to fill a key role on our leadership team. The ideal candidate will be a compassionate leader looking to use their technical skills to make a difference for children and families in the Waterloo Region.
Family & Children's Services of the Waterloo Region (FACS) is legally known as The Children’s Aid Society of the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. It is our role to respond and work together with families, their supports, and our communities to protect and care for children who have been abused or neglected, or who are at risk of being abused or neglected.
Ontario`s 47 Children's Aid Societies (CAS) are independent and board-operated agencies that carry out their work within their local communities and are responsible for providing child protection services in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act. The government funds 100% of Children's Aid Societies' approved budgets with respect to child welfare service.
The Technology Services Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the technology department while ensuring the reliability, integrity, security, and sustainability of the information and communication technologies for the Agency. This position ensures there are technology solutions in support of the Agency’s mission, vision, values, and strategic directions, is accountable for information systems operations.
Family & Children’s Services is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and people with disabilities to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Please submit your application and self-identify in your cover letter.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in an information technology development and support capacity
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of management information systems and infrastructures, technology, software and hardware, networks, servers, and security policies
- Excellent knowledge of legislation governing privacy, security, and confidentiality, and OACAS and Ministry guidelines
- Knowledge and experience in the application and usage of Information Technology theory and practice and the ability to transmit this through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Professional IT certification considered an asset.
$102,658.74 - $129,432.58 per annum
Management & Excluded Grade 16
Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds.
Interested internal applicants are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com, no later than 4:00pm on August 18, 2023, quoting posting #010-2023.
Interested external applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00 pm on August 18, 2023, quoting posting #010-2023.
Accommodation at Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 519-576-1329. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the interview committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.