The Agency currently has a permanent full-time Recruitment and Development Worker position available on the Recruitment Team.
This role will be responsible to recruit, train and assess prospective foster, kinship care and adoptive applicants so that; to the greatest extent possible, the Agency has sufficient and appropriate foster care, kinship care and adoptive resources which can best meet and promote the care, growth and developmental needs of children and youth who require these types of care.
FACS Waterloo is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applicants with lived experience of marginalization to apply and to please self-identify in their cover letter.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Assesses applicants using the SAFE format to determine their suitability as foster, kinship care and/or adoptive parents and identifies the characteristics of children whose needs they could best meet.
- Provides consultation to relevant workers to facilitate the selection of the most appropriate home for the child.
- Participates in case conferences and TBDMs.
- Collaborates with foster care and adoption workers to coordinate the successful transfer of approved homes.
- Provides orientation and PRIDE training to applicants for foster care, kinship care and adoption.
- Recruits and trains foster/adoptive parent co-facilitators in PRIDE Pre-service training.
- Provides service to clients outside of regular office hours where required and works flexible hours as required.
- Participates in the development and implementation of community development and recruitment strategies to meet the need for foster and adoptive resources for children in care of the Agency.
- An MSW or BSW degree;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
- Strong assessment skills pertaining to family functioning;
- Knowledge of the CFSA and Ministry standards and guidelines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in adult education/training, group facilitation, and developing community awareness is essential;
- Child welfare experience an asset.
- Valid G Ontario Driver’s License with access to reliable vehicle
Social Work - Grade 7
Articles 15 & 16 apply to internal candidates
Interested internal applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00pm on October 27, 2020 quoting posting #018-2020.
Interested external applicants are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com, no later than 4:00 pm on October 27, 2020 quoting posting #018-2020.
Accommodation at Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 519-576-1329. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the interview committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.